Let me tell you a secret, sweets are my biggest weakness. So when I decided to try cutting processed sugars out of my diet I knew it was going to be tough. However, I figured that now was the perfect time to look at some of our family recipes and adapt them to make them healthier! Below is my recipe for sugar-free cookie cut-outs adapted from my mom’s sugar cookie recipe.
- 2/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3/4 tsp grated orange peel
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 4 tsp milk of choice
- 2 cups flour of choice
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Mix the coconut oil, honey, orange peel, and vanilla in a blender until well combined.
- Beat in the egg. Once combined, mix in the milk of your choice.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly add this mixture to the mixing bowl until the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Put the dough in the fridge to chill for 1 hour. NOTE: if the dough is left in the fridge more than 1 hour it will harden until solid. If this happens just let it sit on the counter until it is soft enough to be rolled out.
- After the dough has chilled preheat your oven to 375. On a lightly floured surface roll the dough to 1/8″. Cut into desired shapes. Bake on a greased cookie sheet for 6-8 minutes, until lightly golden brown.
- Let cool and then decorate.
I used Chocolate Covered Katie’s Greek Yogurt Frosting with honey instead of stevia!
Enjoy! If you try baking this recipe use the hashtag #exploringtaylor to show me your version!
What other popular desserts should I make sugar-free?
Do you have Bloglovin’? Follow me here!